Steve Bell of Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice and John Hellerman of Hellerman Baretz Communications, working on the premise that clients hire lawyers, not firms, penned an insightful article on why it is good marketing to promote individual lawyers with a few great tips:
- Define what you offer (articulate your Value Proposition)
- Ask for referrals
- Engage in a personal PR campaign
- Speak in small group settings
- Become a point of contact, a connector
- Communicate what makes you successful (My clients would say....)
- Create powerful introductions (Verbal Business Card)
- Repurpose your efforts; recycle every talk, article, blog post, email news item for other purposes.
- Share content through blogs and social media.